Sensing major resistance and facing intense criticism worldwide, the messaging app had to further defer the deadline. WhatsApp said they are moving back the date by three months to May 15 on which people will be asked to review and accept the terms.
Will your account be deleted?
Court case in India
Clarification by WhatsApp
As per the highlights of the FAQs, the following has been summed up:
1. WhatsApp cannot see your private messages or hear your calls and neither can Facebook.
2. WhatsApp does not keep logs of who everyone is messaging or calling.
3. WhatsApp cannot see your shared location and neither can Facebook.
4. WhatsApp does not share your contacts with Facebook.
5. WhatsApp groups remain private.
6. You can set your messages to disappear.
7. You can download your data.
Zee News App: Read latest news of India and world, bollywood news, business updates, cricket scores, etc. Download the Zee news app now to keep up with daily breaking news and live news event coverage.
Source: Zee News