The Supreme Court on Friday upheld the death sentence of all the four convicts in the Nirbhaya gang rape and murder case. (Image: TV Grab)
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday upheld the death sentence of all the four convicts in the Nirbhaya gang rape and murder case.
Here’s what the judges remarked while delivering the judgment:
* Crime brutal, diabolic and barbaric
* Nature and manner of the crime devastated social trust, falls in ‘rarest of rare’ category warranting death penalty.
* Victim’s dying declaration is consistent; it has been proved beyond doubt and corroborated.
* The gravity of the case was so high, no other penalty could have been given.
* Scientific evidence like DNA profiling of victim and accused proves to the hilt about their presence at the crime spot.
* Aggravating factors outweigh, mitigating factors.
* Convicts treated victim as an object of enjoyment, with single purpose of ravishing her