Lucknow: In the latest development in Samajwadi Party feud, Mulayam has termed the SP’s national convention as unconstitutional while defiant Akhilesh is attending the meet. Here are all the LIVE updates:-
– Amar Singh should be expelled from party, proposes Ram Gopal at SP’s national executive meet
– Shivpal Yadav should be removed from SP’s UP President post, proposes Ram Gopal at national executive meet
– Akhilesh Yadav should be made party’s national president, proposes Ram Gopal at SP’s national executive meet
– SP MP Ram Gopal Yadav addresses party workers
– Mulayam Singh Yadav, Shivpal Yadav not present at SP national convention attended by Akhilesh Yadav and Ramgopal Yadav
– Akhilesh Yadav to address the party workers shortly; Mulayam has warned that those who attend will face strict action
– Akhilesh Yadav reaches convention venue; Ram Gopal also present
– Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has written a letter to party workers and asked them not to attend National Executive meet called by Ramgopal Yadav on Sunday.
– Warning party workers, Mulayam has said that the party will take action against the attendees.
– Mulayam has termed the meeting as ‘unconstitutional’.
Here is the letter:-
Mulayam Singh Yadav writes letter to party workers, asks them not to attend National Executive meet called by Ramgopal Yadav pic.twitter.com/cigXo5sSn8
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) January 1, 2017
– Meanwhile, all eyes are set on today`s national convention of Samajwadi Party in Lucknow which party general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav had called on an emergency basis two days ago.
– The supporters of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav are confident that he would be anointed as the national president or executive national president of Samajwadi Party in the convention.
– Youth party leader Arvind Giri has claimed that the convention would discuss proposals for appointment of Akhilesh as the national president, removal of Shivpal Yadav as the party state chief and removal of tainted candidates from the party list.
– Leaders close to Akhilesh made rounds of the Janeshwar Mishra Park, the venue of emergency convention in the state capital, to check the preparations till late last night where seating arrangement for more than fifty thousand persons has been made.
– In a dramatic turn of events, the Samajwadi Party on Saturday revoked the expulsion of Akhilesh Yadav and Ramgopal Yadav, a day after they were ousted from the party for six years over anti-party activities.
Source: Zee News