The festival season for the year 2020 has kicked off with Lohri celebrated yesterday night and Makar Sankranti & Pongal being celebrated today.
Uttarayan is a phase when there are long days and shorter nights as Earth’s tilted 23.5 degrees inviting Spring followed by Summer seasons for the Northern hemisphere. This celestial event is celebrated by Indians across the world in the form of either Lohri, Sankranti, or Pongal or Poki or Bihu or other traditional ways.
This is the time to get into kite flying competition, eat sweets, dance around Lohri fire, or celebrate the harvest by worshipping Sun. It is also the time to greet one another. Here are a few suggestions you can send to your friends, family, and loved ones on WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to celebrate the occasion.
1. Meethe gur mein mil gaye till
Udi Patangg or khil gaye dil
Har pal sukh… har din shanti
Aap sab ke liye laye
2. The Sun rises with new hope,
Kites fly with vigour,
Crops are ready to be harvested,
All denoting hope, joy, and abundance…
Happy Makar Sankranti
3. A new beginning A new destination May things be blissful and full of joy.
4. Sending my heartfelt wishes to you and your family. Have a happy and blessed Makar Sankranti!
5. Meethe gur mein mil gaye til, Udi patang aur khil gaye dil, Har pal sukh aur har din shaanti, Aap sab ke liye laaye Makar Sankranti.
6. Hope the festival of Makar Sankranti ushers in the good times in your life.
7. Wish you a very Happy Pongal, Pot rice to Sun God, Sugarcane to Cow and Ox, Sweet rice to You and Me, Good milk to Friends and Family.
8. Hope you rejoice in the charm of your tradition! Wish you & your family a very Happy Bogi Pongal, Pongal, Mattu Pongal!
9. May Parvati shower her blessings, May Lord Ganesha gives his praisings, May all harvests get more yield and our cattle always help us in the field. Happy Pongal 2020.
10. Gul ne gulshan se gulfam bheja hai,sitaro ne gagan se salam bheja hai,Mubarak ho apko ye “PONGAL 2020″Humne tahe dil se yeh paigam bheja hai.