First published: February 7, 2017, 2:21 PM IST | Updated: 6 mins ago
Prime Minister Narendra Modi speaks in Lok Sabha on 7th February, 2017. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday attacked the Congress over the role of “one family” in the freedom struggle and said they had neglected the contribution of others.
Here are the takeaways from his address in Lok Sabha:
* Democracy was under threat during Congress rule
* Criticise me, but appreciate good government move
* Earthquake has finally struck. (PM takes a dig at Rahul Gandhi for his earlier remarks in which he said if he speaks will earthquake will come)
* Mother India has been looted under Congress
* Congress initiated move to advance budget dates
* Congress believes only one family got independence for India
* Congress blindly followed British traditions
* Congress afraid of losing polls, I am not
* Graft fight since assuming power
* Demonetisation was perfectly timed.