Meeting for the first time since the demise of late Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa, the AIADMK General Council resolved that the former party supremo should be awarded the Bharat Ratna, the Ramon Magsaysay Award and the Nobel Prize. The GC also appealed to the Central Government that a bronze statue of their leader be installed at Parliament.
In its meeting on Thursday, the party passed 14 resolutions, in which it saluted her sacrifices for the AIADMK and for the people of Tamil Nadu, and resolved that steps be taken to ensure her work is recognised nationally and internationally.
Here are the resolutions passed at the party’s meet held in Vanagaram on Thursday.
1. The AIADMK party is in grief with the passing away of Puratchi Thalaivi Amma
2. The party expresses their immense gratitude to all the people who have prayed and visited the hospital for Puratchi Thalaivi Amma
3. The party salutes the sacrifices made by Puratchi Thalaivi Amma in order to make AIADMK as successful as it is today.
4. The party also lauds Puratchi Thalaivi Amma for the all work she has done as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and for the people of the state.
5. As the late CM Puratchi Thalaivi Amma has passed away, the AIADMK General Council must appoint a new General Secretary.
6. The party thanks everybody who attended the last rites of J Jayalalithaa which included the Prime Minister, the President, Tamil Nadu Governor, Chief Ministers other states, Union Ministers, Rahul Gandhi and other representatives from various parties, ambassadors from other countries, and film personalities. AIADMK also thanks the government officers who conducted the funeral well.
7. The party thanks the Tamil Nadu government as well as the Chennai Corporation for taking up Sasikala’s plea for erecting Amma’s memorial next to MGR memorial. The party also thanks them for taking care of all the arrangements made for Puratchi Thalaivi Amma’s funeral procession.
8. The party thanks voters of the three constituencies in the recently by-elections.
9. The party appeals to the Central Government that her birthday should be declared as Farmer’s Day. A bronze statue of Jayalalithaa should be erected at Parliament.
10. The party appeals to the Central Government to award the Bharat Ratna to Puratchi Thalaivi Amma for all the good work she has done, especially for women’s welfare.
11. The party resolves to take the necessary steps for Jayalalithaa to receive the Ramon Magsaysay Award from the Philipines, as well as the Nobel Prize for providing nutritious food for all.
12. The party resolves that MGR’s 100th birth year should be celebrated as Makkal Pani Social Work Year so that Amma’s soul can rest in peace.
13. The party resolves that on her Rememberance Day every worker of the party will work for the growth and progress of the party, and for the defeat of the enemy.
14. Keeping in mind the guidance shown by Puratchi Thalaivi Amma, we promise to work under respectable Chinnamaa.
Source: The News Minute