* PM Narendra Modi scheduled to address poll rally at Numaish Maidan of Aligarh in Uttar Pradesh
* BJP President Amit Shah to address several poll meetings in Shamli, Amroha & Noida today.
* Scores of poll rallies of BSP Chief Mayawati & SP chief Akhilesh Yadav scheduled in western & central Uttar Pradesh.
* Congress party to release its manifesto today in Dehradun.
* Iconic Mughal Garden of Rashtrapati Bhavan to open for general public from today.
* Bengaluru ATM attacker who hacked woman with a machete caught after 3 years.
* In a familiar trick, the banned Jamaat-ud Dawa looks set to evade the “crackdown” on it and its chief Hafiz Saeed by resurfacing as Tehreek Azadi Jammu and Kashmir, a platform purportedly wedded to the Kashmiri cause.
* Senior BJP leader & Finance Minister Arun Jaitley schedule to visit parts of Nainital district in Uttarakhand. Senior BJP leader & Home Minister Rajnath Singh to address public rallies in Pithoragarh & Haridwar districts.
08:17 Bad people are very happy: Trump slams judge on Twitter:
US President Donald Trump has denounced the judge who lifted the travel ban he had imposed on citizens of seven mainly Muslim countries, taking an unusual jab at an independent branch of the US government as he vowed to bring back the restrictions.
Trump’s personal attack on US District Judge James Robart went too far for some who said he was undermining an institution designed to check the power of the White House and Congress.
In a series of tweets, TRump said: “What is our country coming to when a judge can halt a Homeland Security travel ban and anyone, even with bad intentions, can come into US?”
“Because the ban was lifted by a judge, many very bad and dangerous people may be pouring into our country. A terrible decision.”
“Why aren’t the lawyers looking at and using the Federal Court decision in Boston, which is at conflict with ridiculous lift ban decision?”
“The judge opens up our country to potential terrorists and others that do not have our best interests at heart. Bad people are very happy!”
Trump’s administration has appealed a federal judge’s order that blocked the US president’s ban.
The Justice Department appeal on Saturday came one day after a US district judge filed a nationwide order halting the ban’s implementation. Since then, the Department of Homeland Security has reverted to standard, previous procedure in admitting people from the affected countries.
08:06 Good morning…