Seven workers died after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a tank at a factory in Maharashtra’s Latur district, fire department officials said tonight.
Some workers fell unconscious while cleaning a tank at Kirti Oil Mills at Latur MIDC (Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation) today, they said.
A few others climbed down into the tank to check on them but did not come out. They died after inhaling poisonous gas, the officials said.
A probe in the matter has been started.
(This article has not been edited by DNA’s editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)