A 52-year-old man was electrocuted while standing in a queue to withdraw money from a bank in Sahatwar police station area here, police said today.
The victim, Puranmasi, of Dumari village was standing in the queue at the Sahatwar branch of State Bank of India yesterday when he tried to place his bag on a nearby trolley-mounted transformer of the bank, SP R P Singh said.
He was electrocuted and died on the spot, police said.
The body has been sent for postmortem and a case has been lodged against unidentified persons for negligence, they added.
(This article has not been edited by DNA’s editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)