1. Live updates | Jallikattu protests reach international shores, AR Rahman to fast in support of ‘spirit of Tamil Nadu’
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister O Panneerselvam met Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday and urged him to promulgate an ordinance to lift the ban on bull taming sport, Jallikattu. Follow the live updates here.
2. UP Elections 2017: Samajwadi Party not to ally with RLD, will tie-up only with Congress
Hopes of a ‘maha gathbandhan’ against the BJP in Uttar Pradesh were on Thursday dashed with the Samajwadi Party ruling out any alliance with the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD), but asserting a tie-up with the Congress “We will forge an alliance only with the Congress. Read more here.
3. At least 75 injured in Tehran’s Plasco building collapse- Iranian state TV
At least 75 people, including 45 firefighters, were injured when a blazing high-rise commercial building in downtown Tehran collapsed, Iranian state television reported on Thursday. Read more here.
4. Old is gold: Yuvraj Singh and MS Dhoni’s centuries help India post huge 381/6 against England
Limited overs stalwarts Yuvraj Singh and Mahendra Singh Dhoni rolled back the years to smash scintillating centuries and power India to a commanding 381 for six in the second one-day international against England on Thursday. Read more about the match here.
5. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 arrives in India: First Impressions
At Xiaomi’s launch event today, we got our first look at the new entry in the company’s budget series, the Redmi Note 4. Here’s our first brief impression of the “Absolute new king of battery life”. Read the first impression here.