1. Shirke advised ECB to call off India tour; e-mail trail shows sacked BCCI secretary made calls to Giles Clarke
E-mail trail shows sacked BCCI secretary making several calls to ECB president. Read more.
2. Amazon halts sales of Indian flag doormat after Sushma Swaraj’s visa warning
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has demanded an unconditional apology from the Amazon. Read more.
3. DNA Exclusive: ‘Terrorists may use animals as ‘suicide bombers’ to attack during Republic Day’
The input highlighting a change in terror techniques suggests that pets, covered in warm clothing during winter seasons, could easily carry explosive vests underneath to blow up the targets. Read more.
4. Trump concedes Russia may have been behind DNC, email hack; blames intelligence for ‘phony’ dossier
Donald Trump acknowledged that Russia likely hacked the Democratic National Committee and the emails of other top Democrats during the 2016 presidential election. Read more.
5. Sahara-Birla papers: ‘Random materials’ are ‘merit less’, says Supreme Court
SC rejected plea for a court-monitored SIT probe into bribery allegations against PM Narendra Modi. Read more.